Friday, March 27, 2009

25 RANDOM LISTS OF 25 THINGS (21-25)

25 BOOKS SITTING IN THE "TO BE READ" PILES AROUND THE HOUSE (List 21 of 25)

(I'm just gonna write down the 1st 25 I find in stacks)

1. The History of Sexuality: An Introduction Vol. 1 (Foucault, Michel)

2. The Gift: Poems by Hafiz, The Great Sufi Master (Translated by Daniel Ladinsky)

3. Love Is a Dog From Hell: Poems 1974-1977 (Charles Bukowski)

4. Selected Poems (James Tate)

5. Situationist Anthology (ed. and translated by Ken Knabb)

6. Our Undemocratic Constitution: Where the Constitution Goes Wrong - And How We The People Can Correct It (Levinson, Sanford)

7. Fire To Fire: New and Selected Poems (Doty, Mark)

8. The Ubu Plays: Ubu Rex, Ubu Cuckolded, Ubu Enchained (Jarry, Alfred)

9. Understanding Media: The Extensions of Man (McLuhan, Marshall)

10. The Consolations of Philosophy: Neitzcshe, Schopenhauer, Montaigne, Socrates, Epicurus, Seneca (De Boton, Alain)

11. The Shia Revival: How Conflicts Within Islam Will Shape The Future (Nasr, Vali)

12. Islam: A Short History (Armstrong, Karen)

13. Guide (Cooper, Dennis)

14. Try (Cooper, Dennis)

15. The Terminal Beach (Ballard, J.G.)

16. The Crystal World/Crash/Concrete Island (Ballard, J.G.)

17. Against Nature (Huysmans, J.K.)

18. Selected Poems (Williams, William Carlos)

19. The Anatomy of Fascism (Paxton, Robert O.)

20. A History of the World in 6 Glasses (Standage, Tom) - A popular non-fiction about the historical importance of 6 drinks (Coffee, Tea, Spirits, Beer, Wine, Coca Cola)

21. Blowback: The Costs and Consequences of American Empire (Johnson, Chalmers)

22. The Last Empire: Essays 1992 - 2000 (Vidal, Gore)

23. The Wind Birds: Shorebirds of North America - The Curious Naturalist Series (Matthiessen, Peter)

24. Polysexuality (ed. Francois Peraldi)

25. India After Ghandi: The History of the World's Largest Democracy (Guha, Ramachandra)


* Adendum: Books I am currently reading:


Cycads of the World: Ancient Plants in Today's Landscape (Jones, David L.)

Good Sex Illustrated (Duvert, Tony) - A critique of modern consumer society sexuality

The Garden of Peculiarities (Sepulveda, Jesus) - A critique of ideology and human imposed order on theworld

Tortoises Terrapins and Turtles of Africa (Branch, Bill)

Star Wars Omnibus: Rise of the Sith (Graphic Novel)


25 NAMES A FRIEND AND I CONSIDERED WHEN WE THOUGHT ABOUT FORMING A BAND
(List 22 of 25)


1. Putrid Ursine Semen

2. Un

3. Booboo Kitty

4. God Hates Fags

5. The President Has Syphilis

6. The Love of a Good Man

7. RAKOON!

8. Llama Jockeys

9. Draconian Measures

10. Riga, Latvia 1939

11. Teach Me How to Fuck

12. An Inordinate Fondness for Beetles

13. The Herpetology of Style

14. Making Strange Animal Noises At Strangers

15. I'm Gonna Make You Love Me!

16. Homosexual Desire & Speed Racer

17. Failure in the Face of Catastrophe

18. Oh My God Brandon Lee Is So Fucking Hot!

19. Grendel

20. The Gay Agenda

21. Necrotic Fasciitis

22. Ducks Make Things Better

23. Davey and Goliath

24. CATERPILLAR

25. We'll Eat Your Children, No Seriously We Will!

* I want to call a band "The Dennis Cooper Hates Your Family"


25 LISTS THAT I JUST COULDN'T MAKE WORK (List 23 of 25)

1. 25 Favorite Uses of Cabbage. I fucking love cabbage, but 25? Couldn't make that work. Um... Kim Chee, Apple Vinegar Cole Slaw, erm...

2. 25 Boys (who are not my bf) That I Most Wanna Have The Gay Sex On Right Now. See, most of the guys I want to have the gay sex on right now are kind of obscure or this friend of a friend of mine type of thing. There just aren't enough of my friends across the board who would get most of them. Demetri Martin (Comedian), Mark Doten (writer), Jorma Taconne (comedian/actor), etc... there's just too much explanation.

3. I was gonna do something about pro-wrestling, but I couldnt figure out any thing worthy of taking up the last 3 spots in the series. Um, Chris Benoit killed his family...uh, I wanna fuck the Straight Edge guy in WWE, eh... rats!

4. Snakes? I have a few friends that would literally shit their pants over this one, so in the end it didn’t seem worth it... Fuck It! I may do it anyways.

5. I was gonna do a list on 25 catastrophes that will wipe us all out, but that didn't really seem personal enough. It was just scary and informative. That's what blogs are for. The meteor Apophis, all the bees are dying out bringing 1/3 of our food crops and most of our ecosystems with them...

6. 25 of the Worst Things I Ever Said to People. I couldn’t figure this one out. It's so subjective especially from this side, and I couldn’t make 25 out of it.

7. Things around the house I bothered to get framed; a couple of Audubon prints, an antiquish looking Mercator Projection Map, blahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

8. My 25 Favorite Desserts. Meh.

9. If I were gonna leave the planet, what are 25 objects I'd take with me. Meh.

10. If I was allowed 25 Free Kills, who would I dust off? That just seemed hateful.

11. The 25 Most Beautiful Things I Ever Saw In Nature. I just didn't feel like doing a travel log type thing. Although I should mention the Kalalau Trail on the Na Pali Coast of Kauai, the reddest dirt against the bluest ocean, and the greenery, it didn’t look real in person.

12. I thought about doing another 25 favorite albums, Punk albums maybe? 2 album lists is enough though.

13. Along with favorite music lists, I thought about 25 favorite bands. Again, I kind of got the music out of the way. Abe Vigoda, Crystal Castles, Xiu Xiu, The Cure, Joy Division...

14. I was gonna include my favorite poets, but I thought the only way to do that justice was to include a poem from every poet. I just wasn't willing to make a list that long.

15. 25 Public Intellectuals I'm in Love With. Again, I just thought a list, to do them justice, would have to be to long for this format. Sagan, Dennis Cooper, Darwin, David Attenborrough...

16. Along the lines of my favorite bands, I was thinking about 25 favorite bands/artists not enough people know well. Telstar Ponies, Diane Cluck, Amon Tobin...

17. 25 Languages I wish I could speak and why. Maybe if I had more time. Meh.

18. My 25 favorite curses/insults in traffic, like "FUCK YOU, YOU CUM CATCHING SASQUATCH!", but I couldnt think of 25 quality exclamations.

19. 25 Favorite Species of Plant. I know, I know believe me. Succulents though, really.

20. I was going to do 25 of the worst things about me, things I've done and or am, but that seemed too much in one place. I mean, there is a limit to my embarrassing public intimacy. I'll just leak it all out over time.

21. 25 Places I Have Jerked Off That May Surprise You. Enough said, I may still frequent some of those places, so best not to say. Watch where you step!

22. 25 Favorite Porn Models/Actors. Well, to do this justice, I would have to show you some pics that would most likely get my profile on FB shut down. Twinks twinks twinks. That's what porn blogs are for.

23. 25 Resolutions for the next decade. Coming up with 25 would just be depressing, so I'll just quietly come up with 10. Although, hey, I'd like to learn another language and to play one musical instrument, start a band or something.

24. I was gonna come up with 25 t-shirt slogans I have been craving. "If God didn't want us to eat children, he wouldn't have made them out of meat" Shit like that, but I just didn’t feel like coming up with 25.

25. I was gonna do 25 of my favorite works of art, but hmmm. I should. Maybe.


25 THINGS I LIKE THEMS THE PRECIOUSES (List 24 of 25)

(Fuck it the random slot things todays...)

1. YOUNG HARE, Albrecht Durer

2. RHINOCEROS, Durer

3. Ponda Baba

4. Monkeys overthrowing their oppressor

5. Random Street Art, like Milk Panda (Banksey)

6. Lonely Cowboy (Murakami)

7. Yoshitomo Nara's children in animal garb

8. Bouddha (Odilon Redon)

9. Robert Sherer's suggestiveness

10. Hokusai's waves

11. Stag Boy (Emma Wolf)

12. Catbus and TOTORO!!! (Miyazaki)

13. The Black Sun

14. Japanese tattoos and smooth boy ass

15. The Blackfoot

16. Yukio Mishima in high school

17. Gothic Furbeeeeeee

18. The Pak'ma'ra

19. Conor Oberst

20. My friend is sleeping. I dare you to wake him up.

21. Male Bonding

22. Defiance

23. Jesse Starr, Helix Studios

24. Japanese/Mexican Pro-wrestling, Ultimo Dragon back kicks Juventud Guerrera

25. Kota Ibushi, Pro-Wrestling NOAH, grawrrrrrrr

26. Evolution

27. Hot boys with kittens, like Andrew from MGMT

28. Ceiling Cat

29. Jabba the Hutt, asshole.

Ha ha ha, I used a strange prime number, and I went over 25. Fuck you Facebook community!!!


25 THINGS THAT KEEP ME FROM SLEEPING (List 25 of 25)

(When I lay down at night, my mind fills with thoughts that had been held at bay all day long…)

01. Sometimes I start thinking about the goals of Anarchism, and wonder if they are actionable and achievable... can we enact a system in which all authority (being derived erroneously) is cast off and then continuously subordinated?

02. I start dwelling on how young my mother was when she died (52), and the only great regret of her death (for me). All that she wanted to do and never did, everything that she wanted to see and never did. Could I have helped more in getting them to her in her last days? I know I did what I could, but I think about it. She never saw Paris.

03. One of my obsessions is this fear of missing out on things (not getting to see IT/THEM/ALL). I still obsess over this a bit. This really is such a broad fear that it's difficult to narrow for you. Music, places, people... all of it. What the fuck am I missing out on?

04. The great weight of my ambitions. Although I wouldn't classify myself as particularly ambitious, at least not in a traditional way of looking at it, I suppose I have my great drives to achieve certain things. The great weight of EVERYTHING I have yet to do, that I desire, the great onslaught of it enters the mind when I lay down and quiet for the night.

05. I'm pretty sure I could reconfigure aspects of 2ndary education in the U.S., and I sometimes plan out (in my head and in some detail) that set up.

06. How the hell am I gonna live up to my ideals? Am I? Fuck. That whole punk ethos thing... Community, Idealism, Autonomy, Transgression, Resistance and Rebellion. Can I?

07. Someone once told me that I dream in lists. I list lists. I have always loved lists, categories, hierarchies... hierarchical categorized lists, evolutionary clades, etc. Some times in the still darkness I start making endless lists. How many European frog species can I name? All the countries in the world. How many blond guys can I list whom I want to have sex on?

08. So the sexual lists, which always manage to turn me on of course, often evolve into these elaborate multiparty sexual fantasies, where I imagine all kinds of details and locations and combinations of partners and who's wearing what. They turn into these epic sexual fantasies that need an hour or 2 to construct. Don't say it, I know, I know. Hmmmm, I'm a lifeguard at a YMCA in NYC with Zac Efron and Eric and that guy who used to go running on the beach in Virginia and the following people are frequent visitors... get it?

09. Sometimes a particular sexual obsession grabs hold of my mind in the dark, and I can't shake off... my friend___________ (I'm not brave enough to be honest this time) or that hot young dad who brings his kids to the park where I work. I toss and turn and think of them doing the most depraved things for hours, you know.

10. I'm often just blindly horny, and need to jerk off and look at porn.

11. Rap lyrics. Fa reals... no, I'm serious.

12. A poem or one of these lists or a science article starts forming itself in my head, because all it needed was this silence to let itself be heard.

13. Because once, someone didn't love me who should have.

14. I would really like to get to know you better, but I'm not sure what that would be like or how you actually feel about me. If we hung out at a cafe, would we have anything in common? What would we talk about?

15. I will admit to you and only you, that I start thinking about Star Wars in great detail.

16. My mother died in a Hospice. It was a relatively warm place, especially compared to a hospital room. We were all there with her for those final 3 days. We even brought Shadow (the beloved cat). My Mom wanted, more than anything, to go home again before she died. She never did. It was from the hospital to the Hospice. She just wanted to go home again.

17. I wish she were here now. I wish she could see who I've become. I wish we could talk again, hold one conversation. There's so much to tell her, since... so much happened. Just once.

18. I wonder what that pain is? I've been peeing strangely this week too, too often? Why do I feel so awful this week? What if I have cancer too? Maybe I have cancer. I hope I don't have cancer. It's not cancer, you just need more sleep. What is that bump?

19. Every once in great while, I get this completely baseless sense of paranoia about violent crime or home invasion in the middle of the night? What's that noise? Did I lock all the doors and windows? Maybe when the door was unlocked for 10 minutes earlier, some one snuck in and is hiding in a closet. It's very rare, and only happens when I'm in bed and alone.

(* I swear to god, I'm not paranoid. This just happens in the middle of the night)

20. Did you hear what that motherfucker said to me? Who does that bitch think she is? You know what I'd say to her (should have said)?

21. Someone wronged me, badly. It doesn't have to have been recently. It could have been years and years ago. I still remember that Scott kid, very very handsome guy, from 6th gr... never mind. Anyways, I get the most violent fantasies about things I'd like to do to people, any range of just kicking the shit out of them to... well. Years ago I used to imagine that I had hanged an acquaintance from a tree by his feet about 3 feet of the ground and would drive into him with a pick up truck to see how high I could make him swing. Yeah, I know.

22. I think I'm tensing my neck too much at work or in traffic or something.

23. Sometimes I've seen a movie, and something in it has troubled me enough that I can't stop thinking about it. The Anton Shigur character in No Country for Old Men. I just kept picking that story apart and thinking about it. I was fucking angry, frankly. Well that happens every few months.

24. I'll start worrying about an incomplete lesson plan, or even complete lesson plans that I worry may not work with the kids the next day. I start imagining the kids not responding to some activity, and worrying about it. Worry, obsess, worry, wonder, "maybe instead we out to...", shrug it off and fall asleep.

25. Wow, I really like the way my inner thigh feels. Yeah. That feels great. Man, the back of my balls are amazing. You should totally feel this.

My mother never saw Paris.


I think about Star Wars too much.


I think I'm tensing my neck too much in traffic.


I will fuck that guy up, yeah, he's in for it!


Would we have anything to talk about?


The Midwife Toad (Alytes obstetricans) with its eggs in tow, one of many frogs of Europe


Blond Boys...


Did I mention elaborate sexual fantasies involving college sports teams?

No comments: