they burned the playground
last night
they burned the playground
clean
cleansed
new space
they burned the playground
slides and swings
melted charred
black coal rubble
they burned the playground
and
the screams of children
wrapped around
the branches of trees
soaked into the soil
burned my nostrils
rang in the bottoms
of my ears
like echoes in a well
voices and water drops
wiped the color from my eyes
clean cleansed
chloroformed breath
they burned the playground
and
I am
clean
singed
free
They burned it all
ropes rubber metal poles
children dogs trees
and earth
they burned it all
and
I
am
free
perhaps poem
Your words
are prey
and i am
a spider
I can only
wrap them
in silk
and hope
that i can
figure out
how I may
digest them
for now
i have them
between my legs
wriggling
No?
perhaps
your words
then
are parasites
perhaps
i am
a hapless
dog
perhaps
your words
are rasping
chiggers
perhaps
i am
a fat clueless
cub scout
scratching
pawing
biting
clawing
at your words
perhaps

No comments:
Post a Comment