I Know I'll See You
Okay, so what majorly pisses me off about A PLACE TO BURY STRANGERS, from Brooklyn, is that this is the kind of sound I was thinking about putting together in a band myself. It was like, "Fuck, someone else figured it out better than I could have!!!". They have this amazing mix of shoegaze hazy, goth dark vocals, and postpunk style that makes my dick hurt from being erect too long. Oh sighhh.
BAND WEBSITE
BAND MYSPACE PAGE
My Weakness
Interview with A Place to Bury Strangers from DeathRockStar.com (Click here to read whole interview)
How did you get the name?
Oliver: It is all a crazy story that I do not wish to tell anymore. Maybe someone else somewhere has it down on video?
Some people made a comparison about APTBS to The Jesus and Mary Chain, how about your own opinions?
Jono: They’re an influence obviously. We have noisy guitars and a similar vocal sound but I think that’s where the similarities end. I think this comparison comes from a somewhat idealized view. JAMC songs are more melodic. Our sound is much more aggressive, if JAMC had just released one record, maybe I could understand it a bit more.
Latest records you just buy? And what do you think about it?
Oliver: The most recent records are all old records, some from garage sales and other super cheap sources. I got a huge stack of 45’s the archies, music explosion, shangri-la’s ++ recently for 50 cents a piece the other day. All recent music I hear is from the internet or from friends bands...
Some Pictures...



No comments:
Post a Comment