Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I thought that I really needed to put some poetry here so that the 1st entry wasn't adolescent lust (see next entry)

poem myspace whores

i now hate looking at other people's lives through photos on the internet

oh look Gobshite13 always seems to be up to fun

my but CheesePunk sure has beautiful friends, I wish I had friends that were that pretty

man, LAMBSHANKS808 is always laughing and drinking, what fun it must be to be him

WiccanPrince41 kisses a lot of boys, it must be constant ass for ol' WP

(audible sigh)

everyone's lives look so interesting on the internet

everyone else's life looks so much more

more more more

on the internet

sexy - well how artistic life is when you're...

filled with - how did he get to go there?

assholes

if i were like that...

if i could be him...

what if i knew them, hey, then i could co-opt some of that shit for myself.

it doesn't matter

every one else's life looks so much more on the internet

than mine


poem biological

1.

keratophagy

i'll help you with that

yes chelonians are ectothermic

i often feel sore after walking away from you

temperature dependent sex determination

thats a mouthful

there is something poetic in biological terminology

is your taxanomic nomenclature?

yes, but ontogeny does not necessarily recapitulate
phylogeny

eat crackers and say that naked

it works

2.

"keratophaty, you mean?"

no i meant keratophagy

its an obscure herpetology term

that has fallen out of use

i like things that have fallen

out of us(e)

the eating of skin, or one's own skin most especially

i think

we have forgotten

where we came from

3.

"both sound faggy"

How about echdysis?

Its about time you molted.

Its a complicated hormonal process, that's true, but I think you're up for it.

I wanna be there, when your macomium pops.

I wanna be there when your science drops.

4.

Heed math as J begins class.

What happened to X Clan anyways?

Can frito-lay co-opt Black Nationalist hip hop?

Paris says, this is the Cake that hate made?

Are we on the same page?

Burn Ottawa burn, I smell a riot goin on...

nevermind.


poem i do not freebase jw veldhoen

Veldcrisps!

faint lisps we snack on these
weak wrists we crack oh please
john's scabs are best with cheese

...now with extra existential crisis in every bag!

7 comments:

Thomas Moronic said...

That MySpace poem is awesome. I'm interested in similar themes myself and have wrote a few little bits that hint at that kind of thing, but you got it way more spot on than I think I have. I love the fakeness of MySpace and stuff like that. For me, I think the most interesting part of it is the space in between what you actually see (i.e. the final page/profile/pics on the website) and the actual intention or reasons of the teenager who is creating the page. There's always a gap between what they want and what they get and why they want it.

slatted light said...

tom,

it’s always interesting how you put the idea of a gap existing between what people want in myspace and what they get and why they get it. it’s almost as if the profile lives another life in their place. it’s them but it happens without them.

shai,

what if i knew them, hey, then i could co-opt some of that shit for myself.

that says so much so clearly about what makes myspace so alienating and involved. i wonder if the key emotion of myspace is wanting. both in the sense of desire or aspiration – wanting – and lack – to be found wanting. more, more, more.

temperature dependent sex determination is poetic. in a metaphorical way, queer theory is all about this, the way a surrounding temperature determines an organism’s sex. except, for queer theory, sex is a verb.

oh horny toad, don't be self-conscious about your fanboy freakout. like everything else you do, your fag parade for christian bale is sticky poetry.

i wish i could comment with handprints.

querik said...

loosen
so
tight
a
tie
the
boy
can
finally
let
go
go
go
boy
tied
up
tight
so
loosen
him

please?

kier said...

poem biological; you know live on my computer forever.

Thomas Moronic said...

Slatted Light - Fascinating to think about the idea of MySpace being a tool to make you want more. No matter how much these people mould their simulacra electronic self - essentially they themselves (the one made out of flesh) remains the same. There's nothing to do but keep reaching hopelessly.

Shai W. Thanatos said...

Thomas,

Its reminiscent of the way that marketing creates impossible body image and then sells magic products that can't possibly fulfill the task...thus perpetuating the "reaching hopelessly". That's what came to mind when I read your post.

XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hopeless reaching