Monday, June 16, 2008


poem collapse triptych

1

Dying stars
they implode under their own weight
becoming nothing
a void destroying
matter
space
other stars

2

Dark stars
we took little insights
and
made it dogma
and called it
love

(in another life
another we
hung the skin
on
its bones
and called it
family)

3

Dead star
I
take advice
from
Danish princes
(and suffer
their
fate?)


poem meticulous analysis

I studied every word
you wrote
afterwards
after words
and saw myself
sawed my self
and divined
divine end
meanings
mean things
(hidden meanings)
in every one
everyone

i studied every word
you wrote
afterwards
and saw myself
and divined
meanings
(hidden meanings)
in every one

little creatures
crawled
in every nook
of every letter
every curve
held a menagerie
that only
i
could see
sucking
the last flavor
from every bone
of your words
i
like some crazed
scavenger
wide eyed
and ravenous

3 comments:

Jessica Knapp said...

Bitchin' picture.

I love part 2 of the first poem!

Jessica Knapp said...

I love the second poem, too. Good stuff, Mr. Eric.

querik said...

shai where art thou????